‘theirs’ is my artistic name and art project. Currently based in Barcelona, my work has always been centered around shape and color, shadows and lights, and exploiting the intrinsecal beauty in all that might seem conventional at first sight, from architectural works to faces and bodies.
theirs’ portrait project is an always ongoing process of experimentation, in which the technical aspects are secondary, rather focusing on the body expression and trying to capture natural moments rather than directing heavily.
My passion for photography started during his studies at ESDAPC. There, I started producing my first series of architectural works, and it was just later, through friends, that I started finding his love for portraits. That allowed me to get into the queer scene of the city and the locals, who were their first models and friends. For me, capturing their most intimate moments was the best way to get to know them. In the latest years, I developed my career in Brussels and Berlin, before returning to Barcelona, where now I am looking for new opportunities to showcase my work and with my first zine in the making.
Oh, and by the way, I also do graphic design.
- Exhibition 1 @ The Ballery. January 2023 | Group exhibition | Berlin
- Nando & Enol @ Pornceptual. September 2022 | Photo series
- Unbound @ prideART at The Knast. September 2022 | Berlin
- Arte y Vino @ Bar Narciso. April 2019 | Architecture Works | Barcelona
- Fotolibro en Vivo (Photobook Fair) @ CCCB. June 2017 | Presentation of social anxiety photobook | Barcelona
- Vlam Magazine. Cover image for Issue 3. Fall 2022